Introduce Yourself to CoD4 Zone!

• Introduce Yourself to CoD4 Zone!

Hello everybody! Thank you for visiting CoD4 Zone! We are glad to have you hear and sincerely appreciate your interest in our forum and your registration! Here, in this forum, you are welcome to introduce yourself to our community here at CoD4 Zone! Feel free to discuss your hobbies, interests, favorite games, sports, and more. And most importantly, don't forget to tell us about yourself! :D

Anyone can easily create an Introduction thread in this forum, Fun Stuff, by creating a thread and choosing the label (commonly known as a thread prefix) "Introduction".

Since I am admin and I am the first person using this label, I think it would be appropriate if I was the first introduction. My name here is Sincere, an alias of which I have never used before, but when creating the forum, I had to make a new username, and it took me a few minutes to think of something, and I thought Sincere would be perfect because whenever I am dealing with people, I try to be as sincere as I can. And online gaming aliases are usually random words like that anyway so it fits. :P I am an avid Call of Duty fan and have been playing the series since Call of Duty 2 on Xbox 360. My favorite CoD, and probably game ever, is Call of Duty 4 and I noticed that there were no dedicated communities for this game. That is why CoD4 Zone was opened. We had our first launch back in 2015, way before Modern Warfare Remastered was ever released, but I was busy with personal duties so I could never manage the proper time to set us up correctly. Just recently, we reopened fresh with a new forum software, Woltlab Burning Board 4.1 As for more of my story with Call of Duty and who I am, I got very involved in the glitching and modding scene in CoD4 back in 2008/2009. In fact, I still have my Xbox 360 HDD transfer cable hiding around my house somewhere. For those who don't know, before modded consoles and USB modding, everybody had to have a transfer cable for the Xbox 360 in order to access their game and system files on a computer. I also played competitive and ranked a lot and played CoD4 more than any other CoD I believe. I had the most fun ever playing video games with CoD4 and that is why it holds so much sentimental value to me.

Enough of my introduction. Since this is technically an Introduction thread, you can ask me more questions and I can reply. Since if I keep on rambling, the thread will just get longer and longer. X/
    • Hey boss! lol.

Glad to see a new label for introductions. I'll get a intro thread added shortly.

I'm exactly the same as you, my fave COD game is Call of Duty 4, it may be slightly controversial but I don't think there has been a game since COD4 that is better for sheer enjoyability. It is a modern classic and I think it will hold that status for a hell of a long time.

What sort of Mods did you manage to write for the cod games?

Mike.
    • Thank you! Your introduction looks great.

TheGamingRow wrote:

it may be slightly controversial but I don't think there has been a game since COD4 that is better for sheer enjoyability
      Yeah, this is mostly controversial due to people who never got the chance to play CoD4 during its peak, but that's obviously not true for everybody who doesn't like CoD4 the most compared to other CoDs, most typically like MW2 and BO/BO2, and some even AW/BO3. I agree with your statement, however. CoD4 was truly the funnest online gaming experience I have ever had and I hope that I can relive some of that with MWR. I'm glad that Raven has started to listen to hardcore CoD4 fans and have been reverting some of the new changes they made to MWR.

TheGamingRow wrote:

What sort of Mods did you manage to write for the cod games?
      I didn't write any mods, I didn't know how to program at that time. Back then, it was more of reading tutorials on forums like TTG, GT, and s7. The process was pretty easy and simple, if you messed up, all you had to do was either clear your cache, delete your gamesave/make a backup, or go to Options in the multiplayer menu and turn the mods off/reset them. But the mods that I done were UFO, Noclip, God Mode, Team Change, Gamertag mod with buttons, colors, etc. and Xbox LIVE mods like avatar, gamerscore, etc. These were the good old times.

Old, outdated but that's how it was! In fact, if I remember correctly, that tutorial never worked. It was either patched at time of upload or never worked to begin with. The ratings and comments are disabled now so it's hard to remember 100%.
    • A very comprehensive reply!

Thanks so much for adding the video it makes sense now. I wonder why they disabled the comments? Perhaps someone was giving away to many secrets lol.

Either way nodding I'd something I've never been into or got the hang of but I can understand why people do it its really good fun. Slightly off topic but some of the mods in GTA are fantastic.

Do you have any other recommended videos you can link etc?
    • TheGamingRow wrote:

Perhaps someone was giving away to many secrets lol.
      Most likely people saying it is patched and doesn't work anymore. :whistling:

TheGamingRow wrote:

Either way nodding I'd something I've never been into or got the hang of but I can understand why people do it its really good fun. Slightly off topic but some of the mods in GTA are fantastic.

Do you have any other recommended videos you can link etc?
      Well, to mod now, you would need a modded console. Back then it was just a transfer cable and modding programs. Some of those mods are still possible, and the methods have gotten really easy over the years. If you are interested in modding offline Xbox 360 games, you should try Horizon first: wemod.com/horizon It's been around for a long time and is still maintained. PS3 modding just requires a USB. USB modding for either console is just offline, otherwise you'd be banned or the mods just don't work anymore. To do any "real" mods, like GTA for example, you need a jailbroken PS3 or RGH Xbox 360.